Sunday, June 26, 2011
20 uses for duct tape in the ER
1)IV pole broke: Tape the IV bag to any nearby surface: the monitor, the wall, the patients relative, etc.
2) Demented Donald trying to get out of bed? Duct tape will keep him in bed.
3) Duct tape that irritating drunks mouth shut.
4) No security available to watch your suicidal patient? Duct tape will keeep them in bed and SAFE.
4) Out of arm slings? Fashion one out of a piece of cardboard and tape.
5) Patient hairy and need to put him on the monitor? Duct tape will remove that hair for lead placement.
6) Backboards all in use? Take the sliding board, some rolled towels and tape and fashion your own version of spine stablization.
7) Duct tape your manager to a chair.
8) Low on suture or staples: A quick and easy laceration repair.
9) Tape patients gown together for trip to bathroom.
10) Out of adult diapers: use towel and duct tape substitute.
11) Tape NG, ET tube, foley in place.
12) Tape patients wig or toupee in place.
13) Never lose it again: tape you pen, scissors, roll of tape, stethoscope to yourself.
14) Make letters RN on uniform so patients will know you are their nurse.
15) Afraid your patient might wander off? Put their name on it, room number and attach to gown.
16) Cheap shoulder immobilizer.
17) Confused grandaa will never pull out her IV again.
18) Tape your nostrils together for that smelly clean up
19) Cheap eye patch.
20) Help reset dislocations.
Posted by girlvet at 11:45 AM