Translate

Thursday, March 15, 2012

wanted: unemployed exorcist

I don't know if y'all are old enough to remember the movie, the exorcist. I never saw it, but who hasn't seen scenes from it where the little girl who is possessed, spews green shit and her head spins around..

Well, there are times (like today for example), when I think that that little girl is visiting our ER. There are people who when they yell, have this almost evil sounding voice. I don't want to go behind the curtain for fear that their head will be spinning, slime will be dripping down the siderails.

I often wonder what the other patients think as they listen to all this stuff. Does it scare them? A lot of times they will say: "you must be used to that kind of stuff". You honestly think that I get used to someone who sounds like they have a hankering to take possession of my soul? We need an exorcist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was in the ER the other day and a guy was screaming, "rape, rape, rape" for several minutes. I had my little kid with me and at first I was fearful for her then I heard the doctor (or maybe security) tell him to "stop it." I figured someone had things under control. When he started screaming "rape" again a few minutes later I started laughing along with everyone else in the ER.

sports handicapping services said...

is the movie world's ugliest