Translate

Saturday, October 06, 2012

you give me the creeps

Does this ever happen to you? You are just creeped out by a patient or their family? I'm not even talking about the people who would most likely creep you out: criminals, mental health patients.
I am talking about patients and their families that are just creepy.  When you are in their room it feels like something is just off in the family, something you probably don't want to know about.  They make your skin crawl. You avoid them. You just want them to go.

I am always amazed at our ability to keep a straight face in a lot of situations and not reveal what we are feeling.  We just go along with stuff, saying...uh ...yeah ...OK...when we are really having a whole other conversation in our heads.

4 comments:

whisker child said...



I used to run a pet-sitting service, where I visited people's homes to take care of pets while they were away.

Of course, you had to meet them first.

Some of these people... you 'knew' there was abuse in the family, just by the body language.

CREEPY..........

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, YES! I am a hospice nurse and see what I call "weirdness" all the time. Often I can't quite put my finger on it, but just KNOW something is "off".

vernk said...

they're everywhere and they multiply!

Serial Killers said...

I know it is a tough job to handle the patients and their family members some time, but it is the situation that tends them to behave like creeps. So help them and you are doing a great job. Thank you for updating this post.