Red flags in the ER:
1) You say you have "chemical sensitivities".
have more than 2 allergies.
3) You have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue
syndrome, some kind of syndrome no one has ever heard of.
3) You bring your
MRI or CT with you, usually of your back, stating you can't get into see the
doctor for a "couple of weeks".
4) You say you just moved here from out of
5) You bring a suitcase with you.
6) You brought something in a
bag that you want to show me.
7) You can't tolerate the "pain" of an
automatic blood pressure cuff.
8) You're allergic to haldol or
9) You are 40 and your mother is accompanying you
10) You say
another emergency room "don't know what they're doin'".
11) Your medical
problem started in 1930.
12) You say "yes ma'am a lot.
13) Your relative
is taking notes.
14) The medics want me to come outside of your room to give
15) You are taking more than 3 psych meds.
Oh BTW let the chronic patient shit storm begin....3....2....1...go!