Translate

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

the big green woman

I sort of had the assignment from hell today:  triage/urgent care.  Now you would think that when you are getting away from the regular ER patients, it would be a nice break. WRONG.

I go from a mild mannered nurse to the INCREDIBLE HULK when I cross into triage.  Its not anything I can control.  It just happens.  You start to dread people coming up to the window with  their tales of woe. Oh please...no....I don't want to hear it.

Then urgent care just sucks the life out of you.  The people who come to this part of our ER are the neighborhood riff raff with their abominal pain, back pain, sore throat, blah blah blah.  I find myself doing a lot of eye rolling. Then when you have to start an IV on a 20 year who has been vomitting for 4 hours, you just want to go ballistic.  GRRRR.....

No comments: