Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Welcome to my world, won't you come on in...

Go ahead. Click on the arrow. Its OK. You can trust me. You know that...OK did youdo it? Does it make the hair on the back of your neck stand up? 

Welcome to my world. At least once a shift someone is doing something similar to this. They are screaming so loud that it can be heard throughout the emergency department. Last
week it was someone who doesn't like white people screaming about their dislike, followed by yelling for their mother. Now mind you this is a grown adult. 



It's just another day......lalalala....

3 comments:

jimbo26 said...

Sounds like a few years ago when I had two fingers cut quite deeply . ( Still can`t feel with them ) .
However , for them to be sewn up , I was given 3 local injections . The first one was painful , the other two I screamed quite nicely over .

Anonymous said...

Your blog gives me the reality check I need to remember why I do Day Surgery. My co-workers are young millenials who are single moms, 2 are attempting their BSN, the 3rd has a mother with Parkinson's. They do their homework at work between patients. Retirement job, I start at 930am and close the department down after last patient discharged. Keep writing, your voice needs to be heard. I choose to walk an empty hallway and reflect on another day NOT punched, spat on, called everything but a child of God, and hold the hands of scared parents prior to their child's surgery for tonsils. Yet, I bookmarked your site for the times I am bored between patients. I have my BSN, my CCRN and 25 years Trauma/ER/ICU, and have no problem with co-workers doing homework. I have the past to appreciate. They are looking to the future. I get up on creaky, arthritic knees and assess one more patient as they awaken and hold once more the hands of their parent. We all are nursing in our own way. Beauty and reality. Keep writing.

Emoosh said...

شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة