Translate

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Vicodin Follies

Come on down, you're the next contestant on the Vicodin Follies...

Someone came in for something, had no pain whatsoever before their visit or during their visit, but still got a vicodin script.

Patient making 3rd visit this week for same thing, got more vicodin each time.

Have bronchitis? Here's a script for Vicodin.

Apparently today was VICODIN GIVEAWAY DAY. Nobody told me. I was halfway into the shift, before I realized it. Wouldn't it be easier if we just had bottles of Vicodin to give away to each patient as a parting gift? None of those unsightly prescriptions needed.

One guy, I guess he didn't know it was VICODIN GIVEAWAY DAY, actually left before he got his Vicodin script. I tried to run after him, but he was already gone. I guess the next patient will get 2 scripts for Vicodin..

5 comments:

Mark p.s.2 said...

They are switching from OyxContin addiction. Got to keep moving those drugs!

Kaedi said...

Okay, I love this blog. I just linked to it from a fb posting and can't stop reading! I was an ER nurse in NYC working nights for a few years and this takes me right back... oh the days. Thanks for the good laugh, and if you guys are ever hiring per diems, make sure you post something!

Anonymous said...

Just put the Vicodin in a gum ball machine. Save on bed space, nurse time... And if the only choice is to put a quarter in the slot I'm guessing that will bring in more revenue than sending bills out ever did.

Nana said...

Friend had surgery...and found she's allergic to Vicodin. So she has a big bottle full -- and thought of putting it on Craigslist.

Mrs J said...

When I worked at a treatment center one of our patients went to ER a d was diagnosed with pink eye, she came back with a script for vicodin. I could not believe the ER doc prescribed her a narcotic for pink eye knowing she was in a drug treatment facility (it was procedure for staff to accompany and a special form for doc to fill out) said patient did not get the vicodin.