Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

I am slacker, what can I say?

I've been slacking on the blog lately.  Why, you ask? Winter boredom.  Winter blues. I live up here in the frozen tundra.  Last year we had unseasonably warm temperatures.  It was in the frickin' 70's on St Pats day last year.

This year it is NORMAL.  Normal means a long, cold, snowy March that is excruciating.  Every day is gray.  Every other day it snows just enough to make it annoying to drive.  Like yesterday it had snowed about an inch.  This is the time of year when it gets warm enough to melt the ice during the day, then it freezes again at night.  That inch of snow covered the ice.

Now here is a formula:  ICE + inch of snow + people = too many people coming to the ER.  Another formula:  ICE + inch of snow +  too many people coming to ER + madness the nurse (working triage and charge all in one day) =  a depressed and gnarly madness the nurse.

After 12 hours of running my butt off, today I am exhausted and my bones are feeling their age.


2 comments:

Linda said...

This time of year is bad enough for the winter blues but add to it 12 hour night shifts and I can barely get out of bed on my days off!

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

The projects I have completed include: floating in the pool, being a Lady of Leisure slackline chile sunning myself while the kids play in the sprinkler and official Tick Remover. It is definitely summer. I did score some super awesome furniture that should be a fun project to tackle. I hopefully get to that project before fall :)