Translate

Monday, February 06, 2012

the case of the missing gown

People will take anything. Sheets, pillows, towels, wash cloths, phones, phone cords, fetal dopplers, computers. You name it, if it is not nailed down, its gone.

So why should I be surprised when my patient is heading out the door with a patient gown on underneath their shirt trailing in the wind? Apparently they needed some new pajamas. Maybe it was just too much trouble to take it off. My thought: How many people have worn that skanky gown and peed, pooped, vomitted on it?

My coworker suggested that I call the patient and leave a message asking for the return of the gown ASAP. If not, they will be billed for it. Hmmmm....

3 comments:

hoodnurse said...

That's a great idea! Just like the bathrobes at the hotel. We were transporting a patient upstairs the other day, and when the medic went to move her purse over in the bed to make room for her other belongings, a bunch of gauze and Kerlex and other shit she had raided from our carts all poured out onto the stretcher. WTF!

Amelia said...

Hahaha! It does remind me of people stealing robes and towels from hotels! I love this blog. You're very funny and make nursing sound really enjoyable. :) Can't wait to become the travel nurse I'm in school for.

Anonymous said...

If it's that nasty, why would you put it on a patient?