Translate

Saturday, May 31, 2014

drunks have nine lives

How does someone fall 40 feet and live to tell about it?  Or at the very least not break a bunch of bones?

Apparently you have to be drunk off your butt to do it.  I had a man the other day who accomplished just that feat.  Dislocated a shoulder, thats it.  This guy was a homeless chronic drunk whose daily existence consists of begging to get enough money to buy a bottle.

You or I would probably end up paralyzed or something.  Drunks get beat to a pulp, stabbed and they seem to survive to go out and do it all again.  Its amazing.

Its like they are a cat with
nine lives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to work at a shelter, we got a lot of drunks because we were one of the few places in the area that would put up with their shit (I say that in the most loving way possible). I loved it because harmless old drunk guys are my jam and we got along fantastically.

One of my favourites, Tim, routinely fell over while walking down the street. At least a few times a month. He got hit by a bus once. Fell off the top bunk of a bed head-first. Got beaten to a pulp more than once. But he just kept on ticking with no major injuries! Finally what got him was falling down three tiny stairs. Big TBI and life in a long-term care facility. Poor guy.

Reptar said...

That's crazy. I have a similar story. While at a construction site my patient had an I beam fall, striking him in the head and sending him through two floors. He WALKED into our ED and was DISCHARGED with only scratches and bruises. Not a single dislocation, break, tear, nothing. I almost didn't believe it but his buddy showed me pictures. Crazy...