Translate

Friday, May 06, 2011

somebodys watching you

You are being watched. On so many different fronts. You are being watched to see if you snoop in patients charts that have nothing to do with you. If you are, sooner or later you will be fired. Espescially if it is a case that is somebody well known or in the news.

You are being watched around narcotics. Audits are done. One time I didn't sign in the right place for something and was called at work a couple of days later about it.

You are being watched to see if you are charting specifically the way JCAHO wants you to chart, espescially around things like conscious sedation (which has become a charting nightmare), blood transfusions, restraint use, etc. etc. etc. One of the things that bothers me the most is knowing that I haven't done all the charting crap they want me to do.

Do you fill out the screening questions around violence? Have you done the medicine reconcilliation? Did you chart the start and stop times of that IV, antibiotic? Did you take vitals at least 1/2 hour prior to discharge, transfer, admission? Did you do and chart teaching about conscious sedation? Did you waste that narc within a half an hour of taking it out? Did you? Did you? Did you? You didn't? Perhaps we will need to WATCH you a little more closely.

1 comment:

Rachedy said...

Oh yeah, tell me about it. Our omnicell system messed up about 2 yrs ago and didn't "link" the wastes properly. A bunch of us, including me, got pulled in for drug screens. I was like wtf, I wasted all those drugs. Nope, got myself 8 days of work off at their expense until the drug screen came back. Of all the drug screens they did over that nonsense, not one nurse tested positive for anything. Asswipes.