Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Four Loko is muy loco

Four loko. I have vaguely heard of it. I thought it had been banned.

It is an alcoholic energy drink. Described on one web site as: "Legalized cocaine in a can. If you consume Four Lokos you can expect to encounter the same results typically associated with snorting a small mountain of cocaine".

It contained caffeine and alcohol, apparently not a good combo. If people drank 2-3 cans, blackouts are common. People end up in jail and ERs a lot. It was popular with college students. Why wouldn't it be? As of 2011 caffeine was removed from it because of all the problems associated with the combination of ingredients.

Why am I telling you this? It is all part of the Madness Emergency Room Information Initiative. Har. Actually one of my patients told me they had been drinking Four Lokos to dry and relieve pain they were having today. Guess it didn't work...

No comments: