Translate

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

the name game

One of my favorite blogs: Gomer blog (satire at its finest) , had a recent post that cracked me up.  Anybody who works in the ER will relate to it: Mother Furious With Post Partum Nurse Who Mispronounced Her Baby’s Name

The story is about a lady who decided to name her kid -elle (Dashelle). She was so much more clever than all the other girls who spends months coming up with a "unique" name.  She took it one step further and uses a - instead of the word dash, then gets pissed when the nurse can't pronounce it. 

Well, natch, that got me to thinkin'....along this line what would be some clever names using punctuation or symbols or whatever?  Here's a few: 

' =  Apostrophe Johnson

( )= Parenthesis Smith (has an ancient Greek vibe)

* = Asterick Dodd

? = Question Mark Davis

$ene = Dollarene Williams

:elle = Colonelle Watson

% = Percentage McDowd

.... = Etcetera London

17 = Seventeen Jones

3cy = Threecy Ford

So simple, no muss, no fuss.  I think we're on to something here.. 

BTW. my solution to having no idea how the name is pronounced?  I usually just go with Mr or Mrs last name.






2 comments:

Nurse Dee said...

I had someone whose name was Pansy - goodness those parents must not have wanted their child very much!

Nurse Curf said...

I met a 5 year old last year whose name was Le-a (Ledasha). Whatever happened to real names like Elizabeth, Mary, Jane, and Kate? smh